Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Week 18 Update: Injury and misery

It was a sad week, just a hair under my typical quota. 3.550 MC which isn't terrible and it would have been much better but my frickin' knee flipped out on me on Friday.

I got in a decent 1500 on Tuesday, 1200 on Thursday and I was well on my way to somewhere in between on Friday when a constant ache in my knee started to fuck up my concentration. Around 600 it got to the point where I couldn't stand the thought of keeping it up.

Sacrificing a body part, especially one connected to my quadriceps (my biggest source of calorie output other than my brain perhaps) just isn't worth losing for a single workout.

The good news is that I have already banged out 2450 for the week which means another good workout or 3 decent walks will get me back up to speed. Hopefully I can get a couple good ones in before Friday and the drunken debauchery of this weekend won't offset my progress too badly.

I plan to consume roughly 5 MC of alcoholic beverages and the only exercise I will be getting will include carrying my computer roughly 50 feet, swigging said alcoholic beverages and jumping out of my chair to scream obscenities during the LAN party portion of the festivities.

Good times, good times.

1 comment:

mdross said...

ooo i wanna go to a LAN party :/